So PK's here. Between her and Adam I'm strictly sticking to my eating schedule. Don't worry. That's not as bad as it sounds. It's not like I am trying to eat things that I shouldn't have. I'm not tempted by food at all right now. Well, wait. I saw oreo is making cake cookies. If and when I reach my weight goal I will let myself try one of those just because they look awesome. But seriously the eating problem I'm having is keeping up and eating everything I'm supposed to.
I'm given a half hour to eat three ounces of something or a whole hour to drink 4 ounces of water. Occasionally I get half an hour to "rest" where I don't do anything however it seems to me as though that half hour goes by way to quickly or I'm playing catch up. It's just not easy to keep up on this schedule.
Today - my first day home - I've had sugar free jello, a little bit of crystal light peach tea, some beef broth (gag) and a lot of water. In a little bit I'm going to have a hot cup of decaf tea with sweetener in it for supper.
I'm looking forward to my evening snack though. I get a sugar free Popsicle!!!!!! I know that doesn't sound like much BUT I'm looking forward to it like a little kid. In fact, I'm looking forward to it so much that PK has been using it as leverage. She's threatened to dangle it over my head in order to get me to do other things I don't want to do...... like eat more gross broth for supper. We all negotiated and decided I get tea instead. So while Adam and PK eat chicken, coleslaw, bread and pie, I'll be doing a cup of tea. Don't feel sorry for me though. The tea sounds good. The other sounds like torture.
Gosh, it's going to be nice to be thin.
The two of them are a team when it comes to changing my dressing. I have an 8 or so inch incision and 4 smaller wounds from the drains which need cleaned and covered. Things were going well until Adam held his hand out to PK and said "scalpel." PK said "No, we've done that, we're gluing her back together."
Ouch. It hurts to laugh.
And poor PK. Bad enough being exposed to my bare belly, she's had a few shots of my bare boobs too. I commented on that and she says "yeah, I have two of those too." Nothing's phasing her and she seems to like my pup so for sure, she can stay as long as she wants. Liking the pup is a prerequisite to staying here. She passes with flying colors.
All in all she and Adam are making a great team. I try to comply for the most part but broth is nasty stuff. I really can't wait till tomorrow when I advance from a CLEAR liquid diet to a FULL liquid diet which means I get to add sugarfree pudding, strained creamed soups, thin oatmeal, thin mashed potatoes, and cottage cheese. Yum.
Its great to have Eva home....Pk and I are doing our best to take good care of her. If we could get her to drink her broth with out complaining. PK told me to keep track when she complains and when she feels better the West Virginian will come out. Good idea PK !! Anyway, thank you everyone for caring. Pray for me, I am alone with Eva and PK...do I stand a chance?
ReplyDeleteOh my! Poooooor Adam! You sure have your hands full!
ReplyDeleteOh Eva... soooo glad you're home and doing so well. Your attitude is great (other than the broth thing) and it sounds like your support system of care givers are doing a terrific job. I look forward to watching your progress.
Thanks for checking in... enjoy your broth!
Love ya! Suzy
Adam, You have no idea what your in for. There the evil twins remember.
ReplyDeleteEva, So glad your back and since your complaining about the broth I know your on the way to recovery!
*hugs and grins*
Eva, good to hear from you, seems that you are in very good hands. Please eat your broth, you have to build your strength up.
ReplyDeleteSending you healing and love.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Okay, if they have you eating all this sugar free stuff, how do you get nearly enough calories to stay alive? I sympathize with you on the broth--when I had a colonoscopy years ago, and had to eat the clear diet to help with the cleaning out process, I not only quickly had my fill of chicken broth, but came to hate all the light colored fruit juices too. I still won't touch apple juice. Hurrah for a more substantial diet--cream soups!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
*looks down* Yep, I have some of those too!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you didn't have your tonsils out? That is the same diet the wildchild is on.
I'm so glad you are doing better! As much as I want you to behave, I LOVE the fact the Adam and PK are there to keep you in line.
HUGS!
grace
Sounds like you are doing great. It does take a while to get and appetite back. I lived off mashed potatoes for months.
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Adam~ you and PK are awesome care givers!! I'm trying my best to be good so I hope you haven't marked too many things down!!! I love you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Suzy~ Thanks!! It's quite the journey!!! About the broth~ A girl's entitled to not like everything, yes?
David~ Evil? Us? Nah... Actually you'd think it would be Eva and PK against Adam but unfortunately for me it's Adam and PK against ME. I"m the one who doesn't stand a chance!!!
Paul~ It's okay. There are other things I can eat instead! I can only eat such tiny amounts right now, I really want it to be something I like!
Kallisto~ It's really weird but I told PK on a walk today that I don't understand why I'm not weak and shakey from not eating much except that I just must be getting enough to keep me going.
Grace~ First off I'm GLAD you have two of those too. ROFL I"m behaving. Honest!!!
Theresa~ I think I'm doing pretty darned good. Mashed potatoes sound really good however, I'm supposed to thin them out. YUCK!!!I'm going to wait till I can handle them thick then see if Adam will get me some from KFC cuz theirs are the best!!
Hugs~
Eva