Thursday, March 29, 2007

American Accents

I found this quiz which proved to be rather accurate. Can you guess which result is mine and which belongs to my twin? hehehehehehe

And it's VERY MEGA SUPER important that you read the explanation given with each because it sooooo proves my point. I do NOT have an accent but PK sure as heck does!!!


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South
 

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Philadelphia
 
The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
The Inland North
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
 

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland ( Pennsylvania , southern Ohio , southern Indiana , southern Illinois , and Missouri ) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas . You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
The South
 
The Inland North
 
Philadelphia
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

13 comments:

  1. BWAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

    I know the answer to this!!!

    LMAO!

    HUGS!
    from you-know-who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, mine came out the same as Eva's!

    BWAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Eva, this one is TOO EASY!!!!

    I should take this one though... could be interesting.

    Hugs,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls,
    If you don't stop laughing you are going to wet yourselvs!! Get a grip and understand that not all "quizzes" are accurate! You might think I have an accent but lets put it to a vote. We can ask Theresa, Cassie, Tiggr and Reesa!!

    Love ya'll,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Yeah! I don't have one either! I'm a midwesterner and the same as Eva. I do like a southern accent though! We lived in North Florida (May as well have been southern Georgia), and Tennessee for a while. A man with a southern accent? Very very cool.....
    I did have to adjust my speaking for them to understand me through the squak box at a drive through though. FOUR just doesn't come through to them unless I changed it to FOU- Werrrrrrrrr. (that is at least two syllables).

    Hugs! We love both of you and both of your accents!

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the quiz and "failed"...it says i don't have a southern accent...OH BUT i do. P.k. I think they are just jealous of us southern "belles". YA'LL COME BACK NOW YA' HEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, I'm told that I have a Home Counties accent, but like most I don't damn well have an accent. *G*
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mthc,
    You got that right!! It's nothing but jealousy!!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun, Eva!

    I don't know why it says my accent is from Boston - I talk like everyone else here in GA!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have an accent either! It said I was from The West, which of course was correct, but then it said my "accent" was the 'lowest common denominator.' WTF, does that mean and should I be insulted?

    Glad to see the image link worked...well done!

    ciao bella~
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace~ funny as heck, isn't it?? And of course yours is the same as mine cuz you speak properly. ROFL

    Tiggs~ Yeah, I know but since everyone gripes about my chanllenging posts I thought I'd give everyone something easy to do.

    PK~ I don't care if I do wet myself, that's funny right there. If you can't laugh at that... oh sorry.. I'm slipping into my Blue Collar Comedy happy place.

    Carye~ LOL @ Fou werrrrrrrrr. And don't tell PK but I adore her accent. Shhhhhhhhh... I'll deny it if you tell her!!

    mthc~ You got it all wrong. Sounds to me that you passed.

    Paul~ I don't have one either!!! We must sound alike!!

    Twin~ Jealous? You're just mad cuz you say you don't sound southern and the quiz told you the TRUTH.

    Reesa~ Boston? LOL Um I don't think so. In Boston they pawk the caw in the garage... and where you're from.. they don't even have cars in GA, do they? hehehehehe

    CeeCi~ Lowest common denominator? Hmmmm.... I'll have to check out the context of that.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eva,

    Here's what mine said:

    - - - - -

    Your Result: The Inland North

    You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

    - - - - -

    I do call it pop! Thanks for a fun quiz.

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie~ Of course carbonated drinks are called pop!!! What else could they possibly be called?

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete