Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blah.....

Are you impressed? It's only been 2 weeks since I last posted.

Not sure what I have to say really but feel like rambling.

One thing that is on my mind is the recent issue of the Georgia teacher. An anonymous email was sent to her superior by a supposed parent complaining about the woman's facebook picture where she held a glass of wine while on vacation in Europe.

She also used the term "bitch" on her site.

Okay so yes, I know a teacher should be the example to her students. BUT BUT BUT drinking is not illegal. I also was not aware that use of the word "bitch" would be a problem. I mean this teacher had a private site so how did the supposed student and parent get to her site? I'm with the attorney.... there is NO parent or student. Someone sent that email to cause her problems.

The administration intended to suspend her for 10 days but to not fire her. She probably panicked and then resigned.

Good grief.

Are teachers not allowed to engage in adult activities? I think ten days suspension would be ridiculous too.

Yes, I agree teachers and other professions are and should be held to a hire moral standard than some HOWEVER these people should also be permitted to be adults. Sheesh.

Anyhow.......

The fall weather in my neck of the woods is amazing. It's 66 degrees and sunny. Adam's been putting up Christmas decorations today. They are calling for more of the same for at least the next 4 or 5 days. It doesn't get any better than this around here this time of year.

Thanksgiving. Dang, it's creeping up on me fast which means the gang will be home and I'll be cooking. I do love this time of year. Something new I discovered last year... fried stuffing balls. You roll leftover stuffing into balls about the size of Long John Silvers hushpuppies. Dip them in beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs and fry them. Yum.

Those will definitely be on the day after thanksgiving menu. The kids will be here that day for dinner too. Adam and I will babysit while they all go do the Black Friday thing. By the time they get back here I'm sure they will be starving. Good times.

Okay.. guess that's it for now.

7 comments:

  1. I think she was a young teacher and that they intimidated her. Telling her if she was suspended she could not be able to get a job again if they didn't pick up her contract. She should have talked to a lawyer before she did anything. There was no reason to fire or suspend her. She did NOTHING wrong. I don't even think they would have tried that crap with an experienced teacher if they had done the exact same thing.

    Glad your weather is so good at the moment. But I know what you are really longing for are those first few flakes - and I don't mean your students. LOL!

    Love you twin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, your education system seems to be even worse than ours, and that is saying a lot.
    Our Autumn/Fall is over, the equinoctial storms have been and hopefully mostly gone, as have the leaves.
    It's good to see you alive and ready to kick some butt.
    Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you here! I did not hear about that teacher but it is a shame. We have gone a little crazy with all of this high morality. We've got stuff going on in our neck of the woods as well. Yesterday I read where our school board (elected, of course) does not conduct exit interviews. Apparently the middle school has had a mass exodus due to the principal. Hmmm....makes one wonder. There is that sticking point about teaching children. Sometimes that just gets lost in all the high drama. God, what is wrong with people?

    I saw a former teacher recently on GMA who was charged with involvement with a student. It wasn't true at all. She went to trial and was found not guilty. No remorse from the student/parents. No charges for making it all up either. Nice. The poor young woman will never be a teacher again because they ruined her reputation. She works in a bank. I felt so badly for her.

    Anyway - so happy you had something to say (apparently, me too!). Fried stuffing balls. Oh why does that sound so appealing. hehehehe.

    It is nice here too. A ton of rain yesterday but it is like 55 right now. Heaven.

    Have fun and come back soon.

    Love and hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried stuffing balls? Until we met at PK's I thought hush puppies were shoes old guys wear. I know differently now.

    Wow, fried stuffing balls? Whodda thunk it?

    Apparently teachers are expected to be more than human, they're expected to be perfect pillars of society, and beacons of morality while the rest of us get to cuss, and have loose morals.

    Fall is done, and winter is beginning to make itself known around my neighborhood. We're enjoying foggy mornings, and bright sunny afternoons. The leaves have fallen off the trees.

    Christmas decorating already? Wow! I've unearthed the decorations, actual festooning is several weeks off.

    And yes... I'm impressed! Are we going to see a post next week? Like maybe a recipe for the Fried stuffing balls.

    *hugs*
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corey has a teacher and counselor that blends right in with the kids..i'll have to tell you more in an email. The weather's been nice here too. We're decorated outside ..workin' on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you.

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you have not come out to see us in a while. So I thought I'd take a minute and wish you a wonderful Christmas.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    Miss your wit,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete