I had to work Thursday.
Monday takes us back to the grind.
Offspring 1 will be home for labor day.
I'm so bored I walked the pup 4 times yesterday so I guess it's time to go back to work.
Did you hear? PK, bless her heart, bites herself if she tries to chew gum.
We've been watching the Olympics. Go Michael Phelps!!! And that Bolt dude is quite the entertainer.
I saw someone today who I hadn't seen for about 4 years. I had to tell her who I was. This was someone who was in my life every day for a year. She should have known. You should have heard her squeal when she realized it really is me.
It's hot where I live and stupid me, I'm making veggie stew tomorrow. It just sounds good and I had all the stuff to make it. Want some, Twin?
Today I had opportunity to hand a flyswatter to a number of people. MOST of them smacked someone on the rear with it. I mean really. Why?
Unlike my twin, I chew gum a LOT. When I first quit smoking I went through a pack a day.
I smoked for 31 years. Quitting was not easy.
I love chocolate.
I hate mangos and avocados.
I miss my LA girlfriends.
I am dreading the snow already.
I love no sugar added fudgcicles.
I
I
I
This is about the most self centered post I've ever written.
I appreciate the sportsmanship I've seen (for the most part) in the Olympics as well as on the Los Angeles freeways. If you live in LA, you rock.
Did you know I was a band nerd?
Did you know I got married at 18?
I hate talking about politics.
Talking about religion isn't much more fun than politics.
Watch the closing ceremony. If it's like the opening ceremony I'm sure it will be phenomenal. I'm talking about the Olympics again, of course.
I'm done.
I love your posts! *grins*
ReplyDeleteEva, liked this post, you really ought to talk about yourself more.
ReplyDeleteLove and warm hugs,
Paul.
I'm looking forward to Monday but i'll miss talking to everyone. Don't chew gum..Watched the olympics and yes the closing ceremony should be great. You're right about the flyswatter thing. The kids do it all the time as well. Love the snow..not exactly an LA girlfriend..does that still count?
ReplyDeleteI can definitely imagine after not seeing you for 4 years it would be a surprize. A good one of course. You could tell us how and when you met Adam..Just a thought..while we're learning about ya'. Have a great day!
I like learning new things about you even if they are strange. You cook and eat VEGETABLES?? You don't like SNOW?? Why didn't I know this before? I am assuming that there were a lot of flies where you were yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mthc tell us more about meeting and marrying Adam. I have heard but I could always use more details.
Love you twin...
So does that mean you started smoking at 10?!?!
ReplyDeleteI love the fudgcicles too! I also hate mangos and papayas. You should try them dried, they are wonderful!
I never liked avocados until I made my own guacamole! Yum! But then anything is good with a salty chip!
As a mom I always love to hear about a teacher who loves her job!
Huggs!
Theresa
P.S. Those of us that love you, would never call your post boring or selfish! Entertaining...yes that is a better description!
You started smoking when you were 14? Wow....that is a whole lot of smoking.
ReplyDeleteI miss you too!
Love avocados, LOVE them!
Loved the Olympics.
Haven't been spanked in like....FOREVER! (don't know why I said that, just thought you should know...)
I thought PK couldn't walk and chew gum....
Love veggie stew..can I come over?
Why were you handing out flyswatters? Spanking convention?
I chew gum a lot too. But never smoked!
Chocolate is good when talking spanking. But vanilla is better if talking about ice cream.
Hate talking politics and hate talking about religion. UNLESS, it's with someone that agrees with me....LOL
Ok, I'm done now!
HUGS!
grace
GW~! Thanks!!!
ReplyDeletePaul~ Most of the time I don't have much to say these days... LOL
mthc~ Don't worry. I'm not going far. I'll be around. You're as close to an LA girlfriend as someone who wasn't there can be!!!! Since when do you love snow? Honestly the story about how Adam and I met is boring but maybe one day soon I'll post about it just for fun.
Twin~ You learn something new every day, huh? But really, it's true. I don't care for snow much.
Theresa~ Yes, I started smoking at ten on at least a weekly basis. By the time I was 13 it was daily. By the time I was 18 it was 2 or more packs a day. Sad, huh? I LOVE dried fruit. And yes, I do love teaching. Just wish the kids loved learning.
Hugs~
Eva
Eva keep teaching, one day you will find a kid like mine who loves to learn. You probably have already reached quite a few and didn't even know it!
ReplyDeleteHuggs!
T
Somebody doesn't love me anymore?
ReplyDeleteGrace~ Of course I still love you and I have NO IDEA how I missed your commment!!! and of course you can come over.. the veggie stew is pretty good, if I do say so myself!!! As for the avacados, I guess guacamole is okay but other than that, what does one do with an avacado?
ReplyDeleteLove you big time!!!
Yum! Veggie stew! I'd love the recipe! :-) Send it on! I love your post, not self centered at all. I'm with PK I want to hear about you meeting Adam! I hate talking politics, and religion both. Won't do it for the most part. PS will though....sigh! Please though... SNOW? I"m NOT ready to think about that yet!!!! I'm still hoping for some HOT days this summer! We only had a couple! NO FAIR!!!! It was so cold we're just now getting our first batch of fresh tomatoes! *sigh*
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Carye
Eva - Hope school got off to a good start. We started Monday as well.
ReplyDeletelol, handing out flyswatters -you know they are good for bubbles also/ doubt leather ones would work for that though, lol.
Jean
Eva - I love reading your blog. You are an excellent writer with a great sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to go back to work. I was a teacher until this year. I worked in a very rough school with many of the students and parents involved with law enforcement. I just got completely burned out. I didn't enjoy it anymore. I am so glad that you enjoy teaching.
I always said that if I got burned out, I would leave the profession. I owe that to my students. They need a teacher who is completely dedicated. I bet your students are very lucky to have you.
Thanks for blogging so often. I know it must take a lot of effort, but you have readers anxiously awaiting each post.
Hugs,
Jen