
As you know it's been one heck of a good year for me. In the past year I've seen my twin a number of times and get to go see her again tomorrow. That's been major!! PK and Nick are a major part of our lives even though they live so far away from us. We're thankful though that it's only a day trip really and we can see each other fairly often.
Another major milestone in my life is the one you're all probably sick of hearing about but I have to talk about again. I can't even promise that this will be the last time I talk about it but it's a possibility.
One year ago today - August 13, 2007 - I had gastric bypass surgery. At that point I'd lost about 35 pounds over the summer and have since lost an additional 105 pounds for a whopping total of 140 pounds.
Sooooooooooooooo.......
Happy anniversary to me!!!!
It's been an awesome ride and YES I would do it all over again.
To put it in perspective, I've lost 140 pounds meaning I've gone from 292 to 152. My T-shirt size has gone from a 3X to a medium. My pants size? 26 allllllllllllllllllll the way
down
down
down
to a size

SIX 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And here's one that just blows my mind. My waist has gone from 47 inches to 28 inches!! Okay so the May surgery when my doc fixed a hernia and removed 6 pounds of skin helped in that area but still.... even these size six jeans have some growing room in them.
Life's good!!
It was not the easy way out. Some folks think that. Had it been easy, I would have done it a long time ago. I'm all for easy!!!! But worth it? You betcha it was!!! I'd do it all over again if I had to.
Thin is wonderful!!!!
So go ahead, just one more time, pat me on the back and tell me how proud you are and I promise I won't bring the subject up again for a while!!!
Oh, and no, that picture at the top of this post is NOT me but my change has been that drastic.... maybe even moreso!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, has it been a whole year already???
~ Terri
Eva, of course I,m happy to give you yet another pat on the back.
ReplyDeleteYour friends are very proud and very happy that you are keeping to your regimen.
BTW you might need to edit, your start weight should be 292, maths teachers, I don't know!!!!!
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Terri~ Thanks and yup, it's been a whole year... to the day!!!
ReplyDeletePaul~ Thanks! I typed that in a hurry, posted it and ran to the doctor without reading it over very closely!! All fixed!!
Hugs~
Eva
My God, I can't believe its been one year since the bypass. Where the heck does the time go? Well, its been quite the year hasn't it? I'm so thrilled for you.
ReplyDeletePSA:
Okay, I have to tell someone this and didn't know where to....I was at Home Goods yesterday. Do you have one of those in your area? (this is for everyone). I'm cruising through the kitchen section and on a post are these flyswatters - the swatter is shaped like a heart or bottom (depending on your perspective) and the tag on them said - Love Kills. They were in red and black. Picked it up and thought that it would pack a sting and certainly squash a fly. Nope didn't buy one, wanted to, but I didn't. I might go back. LOL
But...if you have Home Goods in your area....I'm just saying!
PSA over
Anyway.....you are a fabulous woman, Ms. Dry. You have a great man, great family and great friends who love you and are thrilled for you. Happy Anniversary.
Hugs,
Debbie :)
One year. One year. It's not possible. I look back at the pictures we took the first time we met and I know the change is way more than in the picture you posted! Since we met throught the written word you have always been the same to me. I loved you since the first few emails. You were my best friend at 292 and you will be my best friend if you weigh 130!
ReplyDeleteI am just really glad that you have come to discover you are just as kinky skinny as you were at your top weight. Kinky should NOT go away!
You are amazing and I am VERY proud!!
Love you Twin and HURRY!! Are you here yet?
Eva,
ReplyDeleteYou certainly do deserve a big pat on the back. I'm sure Adam will be happy to give you a good, hard one, lower down.
Your progress has been phenomenal!
Hugs,
Hermione
Ah...How terrific for you. Congratulations!!! You do look very pretty. Either way, though, your soul and adorable personality shines quite beautifully from either photo. Blessings!!
ReplyDeleteEva,you have every reason and right to be so proud! Contratulations for doing what it takes and reclaiming your health and your life!
ReplyDeleteHOORAY! You made it a whole year and you got to meet me! Could life get any better? I know you're meeting up with PK, but I already know it won't be nearly as much fun without me there!
ReplyDeleteI'm just saying....
So, I guess all that's left is for you to be a Grandma! YIPPEEE! Life is good!
Love you!
HUGS!
grace
Congrats..Happy anniversary..That was a fast year..Enjoy your trip
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to believe it's been an entire year! So much has happened and so many changes have taken place.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on taking that first step and thank you for including all of us on your incredible journey. You're inspirational and amazing.
Oh, and I also would add beautiful! I've seen the real you and you're much prettier.
*hugs*
CeeCi
Dang it... we don't have a Home Goods where I live! That flyswatter sounds tres cute. Debbie:) get one for all of us.
One hot size six. Congrats little woman. Life is good up north in that yankee state.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Eva - you have every right to brag!!! What a year eh?
ReplyDeleteJust a thought-I don't remember you ever posting about the reactions you have received from your students about you weight loss. You must have some fun stories about that...
Enjoy the new you!
Debbie~ Heck, go back and buy one... or two or even more!!! Should have seen the look on my face the day Adam and I bought the 4 to take to LA with the hand shape to them. The guy at the counter smacked it down hard .. scared the snot right out of me. He says "Nothing gets away from this baby." At that Adam walked by and whispered in my ear "yup, that'll do the job." I think that sales guy KNEW!!!! And yes, it's been one thrilling year!!!
ReplyDeleteTwin~
What can I say? All I know is that I'd rather be your best friend at this weight than at my old way for the simple reason that it's gonna make it a lot easier to tackle you and hold you down for Mollie to see your tattoo tonight!!! hehehe
Hermione~ You are right about that. Adam WAS happy to give me that pat a little lower. I'm going to put my post up about that before the sun sets on the east coast tonight.
GW~ Thanks, but that's not me in those pictures!!! Actually I think my change is even more drastic that that!!!
Sara~ Thanks! It is so awesome just to walk without losing my breath and sweating!!!! I like healthy.
Grace~ Life is definitely good!! you know what PK and I will be doing? Sitting around talking about how much more fun it would have been to have you and CeeCi with us again... along with a few others... Like Mthc.. I gotta meet her!!! And Cassie!!!! And Terri... And Terps... and Carye... And Sara.... and and and... I could go on all day about those I want to meet.. awwww heck with it... lets just book an entire hotel and go for it!!!!
CeeCi~ Have I told you how much I like having CeeCi coming back around? C.c is okay too but I LOVE and adore CeeCi!!! Thanks for all your nice comments... the only reason I looked good is cuz you all rubbed off on me out there in LA!!! And yes, Debbie needs to grab one for all of us... we'll start collections to see how many different shapes of matching flyswatters we all can get.
Mthc~ It sure has been a fast one. Hope this next one slows a bit. Life's flying by way too fast now days!!!
David~ Yup... life's grand in yankee land!!!
Fanny~ In case you missed it else where I adore your avatar... that is PERFECT!!!!! And you're right... I should do a reactions post... I don't know if I can put it into words but one day next week when we get home from dixieland I will try!!
hugs~
eva
Oh you teachers and your fancy words! I had to go all the way over to dictionary.com to find out what the hell avatar means! Now that I know, thank you!
ReplyDeleteI am indeed proud! Congratulations! :-)
ReplyDeleteWow a year ago?! that is fantastic!!! So very cool! And you do look awesome! It is not at all an easy way out. I am so proud of you going through that!!!! :-) Have a great time together!
ReplyDeleteLove
Carye
I'm WAAAY late in commenting, but please accept my congratulations! You worked incredibly hard to get to where you are! I bet you feel absolutely fantastic!
ReplyDelete