Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is It THAT Time Already??




We are closing in on that time of the year. It's time to wrap up the summer, let it go, and get back to work.


**POUTING**




I don't wanna go!! Don't make me!!!

I want more fun!! I loved PK, Nick, and Mollie coming for a visit. We had such a nice time!! And LA? Well, that was fantastic!! I'm now head over heals for Grace and CeeCi!! It's all gone by WAY too fast. I don't want it to end!!!

When I left PK in LA I told her, "You know, this is the first time in quite a while that we've parted ways with no plans for getting together again."


Oh, I knew we'd see each other again. That's a given!!

I just didn't know WHEN.

We'd been hoping for October however Nick has an iron in the fire so we're pretty sure that won't happen. Winter? FORGET IT!! I don't like the thought of traveling in ice and snow ergo that takes us to next Spring more than likely unless October ends up working out.


In the meantime I got the sweetest emails from PK's Nick the other day after we got back from LA. He sent the following pictures along with three others. First he sent this one along with one of a nice clean bedroom.



I smiled and responded back that yes, indeed, PK has done some cleaning!!!

Then Nick sent this one along with another of two children's ducky kind of inner tubes.



I looked at them both and thought "organizing inner tubes in a pool is taking the cleaning thing a bit too far. They'll just float away from each other."

At that point I wrote Nick and asked if I was missing the point or something. To which he asked me "what's missing in these pictures?" Along with that, he sent this photo and another of two different chairs set up near the pool.





At that point, I wasn't real positive I got it but responded with "I know!!! Me!!! I'm missing."

At that he wrote back and informed me that, basically, I'm a lousy mathematician. He told me I'd only solved HALF the equation.


I then asked if it was "Me and Adam?"

Me and PK?

Me and Grace?


CeeCi?

Nick told me that I should ask Adam.

And there you have it. That was how Nick invited us to have one last hurrah. Before all the hustle, bustle chaos of work begins again Adam and I are taking one quick road trip. A week from today we will hop in the car, drive 500 miles (with the pup) to do just ONE thing: Sit around the pool and visit with PK and Nick for two or three wonderful days!!


I can't wait!!!!

How will we survive winter without getting together?

Special addition for CeeCi and Grace!!
Here are the other two chairs.


12 comments:

  1. NO FAIR!

    This is NO FAIR!

    Dang it!

    Now, I'm just....I'm just....

    ~sigh~

    I'm completely jealous!

    ~pouting~
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF!!

    Where are the other two chairs?

    This is NO FAIR!

    I'm with Grace, I'm so jealous I could just... just...

    wish I could be there too.

    *have a good time (or at least try) without us.

    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, have a wonderful time.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't that cool!!!! For Grace and CeeCi - well, there is an invention called the telephone!

    How fun to make that one more summer trip before school starts again. I can't believe it is August already! Dang it. Eva, we know what that means for us - snow is on the way. YUCK.

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace~ You know, of course, that you're invited!!!!!

    CeeCi~ The other two chairs are there. I've added them into the post for you!!! What time should we expect you and Jim?

    David~ I know....

    Paul~ No doubt about it... we'll have a blast!

    Debbie~ You need spanked for using that S word!!!!

    Terps~ Thanks! We will!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, CeeCi, as happy as I am about Eva and Adam coming I know it is just going to make me miss all you guys more.

    So that settles it. Mollie and LJ can stay with friends. We have beds enough for 6 and Nick and I can take the living room floor for a couple of mights. If anyone wants privacy they can get a motel close by. Come on guys, don't be scared Eva promised to cook so it is completely safe. Just imagine skinning dipping for 8!!

    We do need to plan another trip so we have something to look forward to. I want to go to Vegas sometime - I hear that they may have a toy store there too.

    And to you Eva, are you here yet??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, Have a great time/I know u will
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. How long does it take to drive from CA to NC?

    How many miles is that?

    Anybody have a GPS and a gas card I can borrow?

    Who made the US so DAMN big?

    BAH!

    I'm not even signing off on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eva it would be a lot simplier if you would just move to the South. We have plenty if teaching jobs!

    Grace believe me it is cheaper to fly from coast to coast than drive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sad about school starting too! I just wish I had such a fun trip planned!!!! Wish I could join you guys too! :-) Maybe some day.

    Love,

    Carye

    ReplyDelete