I sincerely hope that each and everyone of you had the best Christmas ever.
Things are going along smoothly here. The offspring are all home so I'm having fun feeding them and going shopping and other fun stuff. Tonight though Adam and I are taking a night to ourselves. We're going to dinner. Not sure yet where we'll go but probably our favorite Italian spot. After that we're going......
Shopping.
I actually do not like shopping however, I'm so very limited on clothes right now and there's a good sale going on today at Kohl's. And since I have a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket Adam is taking me to look for a few new things for work.
I gotta tell you... this whole weight loss thing is amazing. Would you believe I've even gone down a show size? I've been a size nine since I was about 13 but these days a nine falls off my foot. Today I bought a pair of size eights. Okay so call me stupid. It's taken me quite a while to figure out that it is okay to buy smaller shoes if that's what it takes for them to fit right.
As for clothes, I recently bought two pairs of jeans... SIZE TEN. Ten!!! Can you believe it? I'm in shock. I can't imagine going down any further... I mean, folks, listen to me here. I was in a size 26. 3X. HUGE. And now? I psychologically can't adapt to buying smaller clothes. For instance, I picked out a pair of flannel pj's the other day. (Leave me alone, it's COLD here) I had a size 1X in my hands. My family pitched a fit and made me buy a plain old large. I didn't think they'd fit. I figured I'd have to wait till I drop another 20 or so pounds. Ha! I wore them that same night. They fit great.
Sooooo... I'm still sifting and sorting clothes. I'm finally to the point that if it's too big, I'm okay with never wearing it again. And if I'm never wearing it again then there is absolutely no point hanging on to it, right?
Thus, Adam's taking me shopping. I have no clothes and what I do have my kids make fun of or find some reason to not like them. Christmas Eve ... my kids dressed me for church. I let them. They have good taste. I did wear a shirt that is my own but mostly everything else I wore that night belonged to offspring #1. Oh wait. I did wear my own underwear.
So anyhow, I'm weighing in a day early this week but figure that's okay because I didn't update the ticker last week .... mostly because I hadn't lost. I'm seeing a definite pattern here. I don't lose much at all for about two weeks then I drop 5-8 pounds like right now. Then I go through 2 weeks again of nothing. It's okay. I'm happy with it... and of course that's easy to say now when I've lost a bit every day for 3 straight days now.
Anyhow... Happy New Year!!! I hope it's a good one for all of us!!!
Happy New Year Guys :) - Watch more amazing videos here
I was thrilled to see the new number on your ticker! That is wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, please do get rid of the clothes that don't fit any longer. You aren't ever going to need them again!
I am really happy that you have made such wonderful progress...I know you will reach your goal!
Happy New Year!
Kallisto
Eva, I also was happy to see the ticker move, you are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteYour cildren are wise and helpful.
Glad that you had a wonderful Christmas, it is possible to enjoy Christmas without stuffing yourself.
May you receive all of what you need and some of what you want in 2008.
Happy New Year dear girl to you and yours.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Those American numbers don't tell me much, as we have a different (metric)system, but when I 'translated' your weight loss and your new weight I was quite impressed. I wish you and your family a Happy Newyear!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulously enormous! 19 pounds! Size 10! Shopping for clothes takes on a whole new meaning now!
ReplyDeleteHa my feet got smaller too! I am so happy for you! Enjoy yourself you deserve it! Wow!
Huggs and love
Theresa
Size 10 just blows my mind. I am not kidding about wanting your hand-me-downs as you shrink out of them!
ReplyDeleteWe may be twins but I am really proud of you for becoming the 'little' sister!
love you twin
Eva, I am so thrilled for you! Its a whole new wardrobe, umm...world! (hehe)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how psychologically affected we become over weight loss. Its hard to see a new person emerge but, Eva, you can overcome that!!! Throw out all the old clothes. They don't fit and no visual reminders are needed.
Have a wonderful new year, Eva. Enjoy yourself and your family.
Hugs,
Debbie :)
Eva,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! A size ten WOW! That is just too cool you must be very happy. How great to have to go buy new clothes because the old no longer fit.
Hugs, Sally
Kallisto~ You sound just like my family!! They are all quite pleased with the new stuff I've acquired over the past week or so. I feel like I'm not such an eyesore to them.
ReplyDeletePaul~ Happy New Year to you too!!!
Danielle~ Thank you!!!
Theresa~ The feet thing really caught me off guard. I've been a nine through all sorts of weight gain and loss. Oh well... I'll take every loss I can get!!
Twin~ Hmmm... I don't know if I have any handmedowns worth passing on!!! In other words, I love you too much to give you some of the garbage I've been wearing.
Debbie~ You have a great New Year also!!!
Sally~ Yes, It is nice to fit in things I never dreamed possible. It's weird to hold something up and put it back thinking it won't fit and having those with me freak out. I'm learning to just shut up, try it on.... it amazes me to be able to get into size 10 jeans.
Thanks all for your love and support!!!
Hugs~
Eva
Happy New Year Eva!!! You have so much to look forward to this year! A whole new life has opened up for you! It is wonderful and we all are taking joy in it! :-) "Enjoy" clothes shopping.. I'm with you, i hate it myself, but hey, what better reason than because your clothes are too BIG!! AWESOME!!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy new year!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carye
Happy New Year, to a new woman!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it weird that you are like a totally different person? You are so amazing! I'm really, really happy for you!
Love you!
HUGS!
grace
I am so very proud of you and the progress you are making! How exciting this must be for you. I need to lose weight myself. You and your twin are beginning to inspire me!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cassie
Eva, congratulations on your success! I'm thrilled for you!
ReplyDeleteI've finally decided to have the surgery myself. My ins. co. requires me to go through six months of medically supervised weight loss before they'll approve it, so it will be this summer before I can get the procedure. I'm so looking forward to getting out of my size 26 jeans and into a size 10!!
Carye~ Believe me, it was one of the best shopping trips I've ever been on in my life. Buying from the "normal size" racks was incredible!!
ReplyDeleteGrace~ I dunno... I think the whole weight loss has transformed me inside too but for the good. I have more confidence and don't feel like I have to hang my head all the time.
Cassie!!!! Hi!!! How was your holidays??
Erica~ You must have the same insurance company that I do because mine also required the six month deal however we did manage to get approval before the six months was up which enabled me to discontinue that and proceed with the surgery. It's a lot of hoops to jump through but please believe me when I say it's so well worth it!!!
Hugs~
Eva
Alrighty, Eva! I am so sure I am not alone in this. I think we are all waiting to hear what you bought at the clothing store!!!!
ReplyDeleteThere are so many size 10 things one can purchase. (not that I wear that size, mind you, but I do shop once in a while!)
Fess up, sister....what'd you get?
hehehe
Debbie :)