Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, PK

Today - December 15th - is my twin's birthday.

Most of you
know the story as to how we became known as "the twins" but for those of you who might not, please allow me to fill you in.

We're going on two years now. We first met here in
this world of spanko blogs. PK was known as Elis back then.

She discovered my brand new blog and began leaving comments. Those were soon followed by a few emails. After that, well... as they sa
y the rest is history.

And in case you might be wondering... PK? That
stands for Pissed Kitty. Hehehe.

We have much in common... same middle name... happy marriages.... children we'd lay our lives down for...we even work in the exact same occupation and - oh, yeah - we share a love for spanking. It's no wonder we hit it off with so much in common.

It's more than that though.

We didn't just stop here on the internet. We exchanged phone numbers and began calling one another. And then... well when Adam and I took a trip this past summer we put PK on the itinerary.

When we met face to face all fears of "will we get along so well in person" disappeared. By then we'd known each other nearly a year.
That meeting was awesome. We had a blast. We talked about everything. Anything. Nothing.

I think the four of us - PK and Nick, Adam and myself - knew after that meeting that it was/is indeed a very special friendship. The likes of which we don't often come across in our lives.
W
e had such a good time that first meeting that we've gotten together two more times since and hope to get together many more times in the future.

And now? PK and I refer to one another as "best friends."

Go ahead, call us sophomoric. We don't care. We've waited all our lives for a best friend... for a friendship like we've found in one another. Okay so in reality Adam's my best friend and Nick is hers. We know that. We respect that. We support one another in that.... and THAT is what makes us call one another "best" because we each know exactly what that means.

And for those who don't get it... that's okay. It's a twin thing. You wouldn't understand... unless of course you, too, have a "twin."


So anyhow, on this day - my twin's birthd
ay - I hope you'll stop by her blog and wish her a happy birthday. Heck, if you want, we can have a party there! I'll bet Grace will bring the Cheetoh's, yes?

Oh, and one more thing... I don't think I've quite caught her in the weight loss area. I'm close... very close. I feel so darned good these days though that honestly, it just doesn't matter. I bow to her weight loss. She's worked twice as hard as I have for every pound she's lost. My own loss has slowed way down this past month or so. That's okay. I still hope to lose another 25 or so pounds but I'm fine just the way I am.


Who wouldn't be fine?

I feel great!!

Adam loves me.

My kids love me.


My dog thinks I walk on water.


And... I've got the best friend in the world to wish a happy birthday to today!!


Happy Birthday Twin!! I love you!!

6 comments:

  1. Eva, I do undestand the twin thing. I have found a new mom and a sister in law. Good friends like you and PK this year. They say cyber land isn't real HA.

    Pk, May all your Birthday wishes come true today. You truely deserve them too.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, congratulations on a further loss, you are getting there, I've no doubt that you are feeling so much better.
    Sounds like PK is having a wonderful birthday.
    I hope that you do continue to see each other, friends such as you two are good for the world.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva,s
    so glad that you feeling good these days. You and Pk are indeed good for the world.Wishing a happy birthday to your twin.
    Have a great wekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva I get the twin thing too!

    Happy Birthday PK! Congrats on the weight loss!

    Congrats to you too Eva. You look fabulous!

    Love you both
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twin I thank you for this post and I second ever word of it. Meeting you here and in person has been amazing. My birthday has been great and now on to Christmas! Maybe after that we can relax a bit and just sit around an gripe about winter!!

    Love you Twin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday PK!!!!!!!

    We love you!!!!
    Carye

    ReplyDelete