Monday, November 12, 2007

Now That I Have Freedom

This is nice. I like the private feel.

I'm not in fear for my job. I just don't ever want to have to be. Seriously the only way that could happen is if students were to find this blog. That's not yet happened and this way it never will. I like that.

Speaking of my job..... It's been a rough couple of weeks at work. We had a death on our staff and it's hit us all pretty hard.

Lori was 38. Tall. Thin. Beautiful. Happily married. Two children. Athletic.

The proverbial picture of health.

Or so we thought.

On Saturday, October 27th she had what they think was a stroke or aneurysm. On Monday they had to do emergency surgery. They were hoping to stop her uncontrollable seizures by relieving some pressure on her brain. She died Tuesday night.

It was so sudden and unexpected. I guess her husband's a mess. I don't know him. I hear he's staying with his parents, that he hasn't gone home yet. I can't say that I blame him. If Adam were to die suddenly I don't think I could sleep in our bed. There's just too many memories there... spanking and otherwise.

How could this happen? She was one of our guidance counselors. SHE was supposed to be the one to take care of all of US when this sort of thing happens.

It sucks. She's missed greatly at work especially by the two secretaries in the guidance department and the other counselor. All three have to look at her closed door all day. I don't know how they do it.

Rest in peace, LB.

Happier note:

I got spanked pretty darn good Friday night. We're still working on getting that aspect of our life back on track. I'm just not as interested as I used to be. I even thought about just deleting my blog but figured I would be sorry if I did that because as we all know, this desire for this thing we do comes and goes with a vengeance at times. I'd hate to find myself missing my blog like crazy... and all of you.

I must admit though, this aspect of privacy does make me want to sit down and write a bit more than I've been doing so I'm sure I'll be back soon! In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. Eva, sweetheart, if you feel easier in your mind than that's the positive side of this unfortunate necessity.
    When someone that young dies, specially when that someones life had a very positive impact, of course it's a hard blow to take.
    My prayers are for her husband and children. May she rest in peace.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being private.It feels so free!

    So sorry about the teacher, how horrible for her family.

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad news, Eva. I find myself looking to obits more and more since my late 40's, early 50's. I don't know why - guess I'm making sure I'm not there. There are so many young people listed. Its damn scary, actually.

    Private is good. I actually wondered when one of you twins would do this. It just seems so much safer.

    I'm glad you did not delete the blog. You are so much more than a spanking! :)

    Hugs,
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl,

    So sorry to hear about your friend. I HATE that this kind of stuff happens. It just sucks. And so unexpected makes it twice as hard.

    I second what Debbie said, you are much more than spanking and this blog is much more than a spanking blog. So I'm glad you didn't delete...

    I'da had to come and hunt you down. Pk would have come with me.

    We know where you live, and you told yourself told us about sugar in the gas tank.

    Don't think we won't do it.

    We will.

    Did I make you smile yet?

    I hope so!

    Love you!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eva,
    First, thanks a million for the invite! I've kinda gotten attached to you. :) Everyone else has pretty much said the same thing I feel about having / needing / choosing to go private out of concern for their own privacy. What a world, indeed! Thanks for not deleting!

    I'm sorry to hear about the counselor. That is just way too young. Prayers go out to her family and the co-workers at your school.

    ~Lotsa hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Eva,
    I have not commented until now. I am just speechless about the counciler. I just am so saddened for you and for her family and your school, I ...well, words just can't express it. It is so difficult to have someone so young and healthy die for something so unexpected. I guess I think about what I was told long ago about when someone dies young. God had a reason that he kept them here on earth for such a short time. It is something we may never understand.

    Thinking and praying for all of you,

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrible about your friend. I'm glad you invited me to your blog. I guess blogger is letting me comment now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never experienced the death of a colleague. Maybe you might compare it with the loss of a pupil. That had a big inpact on me too.
    We'd a loss in our family recently. That meant no spanking for a while, we just weren't in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul~ Thank you. As you can imagine things just aren't the same at work. We're moving forward but it stinks.

    Theresa~ The jury is still out on the private thing. I like some things about it while I hate others. Oh well. I still feel like it's the right choice for me.

    Debbie~ Thanks.. I just couldn't delete it. Not yet.

    Grace~ Yup. I'm smiling big!!! Next thing you know, you two will be letting the air out of my tires and soaping my windows!!

    Maggie~ I'm kind of attached to you too!!!

    Carye~ Thanks!!

    mthc~ Glad you're able to comment now. Hope you don't have any more problems.

    Danielle~ I've lost a few students along the way too. That is always horrible. Hasn't happened for a few years and I hope that it doesn't.

    Glad you're all here!!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eva,
    So sorry about the loss of your friend. Must make work very difficult right now.
    As to going private -- I can understand. I haven't felt like I need to, yet, but I try to keep self-references pretty vague.
    And can I say, please don't delete! Even if you choose to stop actively blogging, your story is an inspiration to others finding their way thru TTWD. As long as you feel up to it, keep blogging away on anything and everything, and I'll keep reading.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete