Sunday, November 25, 2007

The House is Quiet Again

So how was your holiday? Do other countries celebrate Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear from some of you who aren't from the United States. Do you have a similar holiday? When is it? Is the USA the only country that does Thanksgiving?

Educate me. I'm holiday illiterate!

Anyhow, we had a very nice holiday here. The turkey was the BEST I've ever cooked. EXTREMELY moist and quite tasty too. That stuffing was awesome... Yankee stuffing. It's just your basic stuffing with a pound of sage sausage sauteed and mixed into it. I was worried about how I would handle a holiday but it was fine. I mean if you can't eat, you can't eat. When you're stuffed, you're stuffed. End of story.

We have been decorating.

On Friday Adam and I were home alone while the kids were out doing the black Friday thing. You'd think we would have made good use of the time... well we did... sort of. I mean there was no spanking or sex BUT we did get Adam's Santa Claus collection out. We also put the tree up. Yesterday we put Adam's Christmas village out and today he decorated outside while I worked on decorating the tree. There's still a little to do but hey, it's early. We still have a month to go.

After church today we took the kids to lunch. Immediately after that offspring #3 left to go back to school. For over a week we've had a houseful every evening. Tonight it's quiet. It's nice. Adam is watching TV. I'm here on the computer. Speaking of computers... my kids broke my six month old laptop. It was accidental. Actually I can't even say they broke it. It broke while in their possession. Hopefully it will be fixed under warranty because it's a nearly $300 repair. Excuse me? The dang computer didn't cost a whole lot more than that... $700 I think. Anyhow, it's supposed to be ready by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that they don't call it "abuse" and charge me for it. Seriously that computer has NOT been abused. It's as clean looking as the day I got it... and I NEVER set it down hard or anything. I told the guy I bought it from to look at it... when he said the manufacturer might determine it to be abuse cuz the part that broke off doesn't just fall off... excuse me? It's that little pin in the whole where the power cord goes.

It DID fall off... no one was harsh with it but I might get harsh if they try to make me pay for a repair. I mean come on... that little pin?? $300??? I think they need to find another way to hook up the power in that case!! Sheesh.

Oh well.. I'm just glad I have two computers. Ask PK though... she said she's missing going to bed with Adam and I at night. I miss taking her! I usually email her a good night right before I shut it down and turn out the light.

Let's see... what else is new?

Christmas is coming...whether I like it or not. This year I'm not liking it much. I'm just not in the mood. I'd rather it was summer and I was on another road trip. It's cold in my corner of the world. How about yours? We had a little snow on the ground the other day. Ugh. Have I ever told you that I hate winter??

PK's on my case. She's trying to pressure me into doing something I just can't do. Talk to her, would you? Tell her that I just can't get inspired to write a Fantasy Friday story. I wish that I could. I need an idea. I told her one came to me in the middle of the night but I didn't write it down and now I can't remember what it was. It would have been a good story too!! At least when I was half asleep and the idea came to me I thought it sounded good.

Have you noticed I didn't update the ticker? My weight has stayed steady this week. I can't blame it on the holiday because honest, I didn't eat any more than I would any other time. I think it's just one of those plateau times you hear about with weight loss. It's been long enough though ... I hope I drop a few pounds this week. I mean with PK changing the challenge rules on me every other breath I take NOW is NOT the time to be on a plateau. Sheesh.

So how's your world? Hope your holiday was GREAT and that the upcoming season is truly a blessing in your life!!

11 comments:

  1. I am the same way with holidays. I can no longer eat my way through them, so I cook and feed others. Those pleteaus do happen, but you will eventually lose again.

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny. I talk to you a dozen times a day and I still love it when you post. I don't just mean to pester you about FF I mean to pester everyone!

    I know that this is just a plateau and I really hope it breaks on Dec. 16! Am I limited to only choosing 3 implements?

    Love you Twin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesnt matter if you beat her or not. Look at how far you have come! Although it would serve her right if you did win. You have my vote. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our holiday was great! Told you I was sending snow your way. Sending more now! Snowed about 3/4 of the day here. Kids LOVED IT!!! I stayed in! That was beautiful and it will all melt tomorrow! We're about 1/2 ready for x-mas now! All the decorations are up except the tree. Hopefully we'll at least put it up tomorrow. :-) Hate those plateaus. They are the pits!

    Love ya!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to Christmas. Maybe the decorations will help.

    I hope your laptop will be fixed quickly. Tom doesn't want it in bed with us and maybe I understand why now. LOL!

    PK is getting a bit cocky these days. Now I love both of you girls and I am so very proud of both of you being so good and working so hard with the weight loss! You are both winners in my book!

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was cold here Saturday morning 21. The outside of the house is decorated and the tree is up. Mthc and the oldest worked all day yesterday on the Xmas village. Send some snow our way Mthc just loves it.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes..send some snow this way.David said i love it which is true but so does he.He is a storm tracker for the national weather service so when it snows he's always out playing in his 4 wheel drive.
    Thanksgiving is celebrated during october in Canada.
    It seems that when you get to a certain point in weight loss you stay the same. But you have been awesome so far.
    Our house is decorated inside and out for christmas.Maybe as Cassie said the decorations will help.
    Take care and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva, don't worry about the weight lose, it'll happen.
    I really am not that keen on Christmas since Mel died.
    Seems there is mainly greed and I want ism.
    PK hassles everybody, even me.
    Over here we used to celebrate the harvest, but it's been years since I last heard it done.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eva,

    Hey don't worry about staying steady this week! you've done fabulous and that is what matters.

    I must tell you that I made your turkey recipe yesterday and served it to my husband, sister and brother-in-law. It was delicious and they only left me enough for lunch today! So if anyone else is thinking about it - go for it. It's really easy to make and tasty. I love curry!

    I'm impressed that you have decorations up. I normally decorate over Thanksgiving weekend. I just can't bring myself to do it this year. Not into it I guess. Maybe this weekend.

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa~ I really hope you're right. I don't want to be done losing yet!!! Okay so I know you're right .. I'm just impatient!!

    Twin~ For crying out loud!! First you want to change the date and now you want MORE than 3 implements? Sheesh. You're killin' me. No. Three is it. That's all. No more... unless, of course I win then we can up it to 5 or 20 or something.

    bb~ Thank you! Twin, did you hear that?? I have her vote. Not you. Me. Ha.

    Li'l sis~ Keep your dang snow, okay?

    Cassie~ Yes she is mighty cocky these days.. until today that is. She finally figured out that I might be yanking her chain and giving her a false sense of security. Bawwwhahahahaha... gotta love it!!

    David and mthc~ You two can have ALL our snow. I have already seen enough of it this year to remember how and why I hate it!!

    Paul~ I think we need to spank PK!!! She's hassling everyone these days!! Shame on her!! You want the honors??

    Debbie~ Hey, I'm glad you liked it!! It's definitely a favorite here. As for the decorations, it's all Adam. If it was up to me, I'd pull out a little two foot tree and plug it in. Not him!! He's got over 300 santas... a rather impressive village... snowmen... green and red stuff out the nose... it does look nice though. He's quite talented in the area of decorating.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I missed this post! We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and have quite different holidays I think.

    ReplyDelete