Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Door is Locked

Hi everyone!

So I suppose you're wondering why I've decided to go private.

Well, it's not a secret that I am a teacher. And it's not a secret that lately teachers have been getting slammed in the media for sexual perversions against kids. Of course the majority of us are good, honest, hard working, God fearing people but as the saying goes, it only takes a few to spoil it for the rest of us.

Let me assure you that what you see is indeed what you get.

Yes, I'm a teacher. I teach high school math. No secret there, huh?

What really did it for me - what caused me to switch this blog to private is the fact that there's been a warning issued to teachers in my state... Okay... Ohio. I'm in Ohio but you already had that figured out, huh? Anyhow, this warning is to teachers. They've threatened to revoke our license if we're found posting inappropriately on my space and other such sites.

Hmmmmm.......

I love my husband. I'm true to him. He's true to me. I would never sexually harm a child but as we all know those who are into spanking and other such sexual things are considered abnormal. Freaks. And oh, dear Lord, we must be stopped because we might hurt a child. My love of spanking and sex with my husband has NOTHING to do with kids. It's my private life. I almost feel like we're back in the 1800's when teachers were held to ridiculous standards.

Can you say Stepford Teachers? That's what we are becoming.

I don't know how far the state will take all this. Their main concern is against those who are actually carrying on with kids. Apparently some kids have discovered their teachers' sites and posed as adults, had conversations with them, etc etc etc.

The risks are probably not all that high but as I sit here typing I can feel weights being lifted from my shoulders. See, I've always been a bit nervous about all this. I can't afford to lose my job. And not only that, if I was found out, Adam would probably lose his job, too. We're both in careers which are held to a higher standard than the rest of the public. I love my job but I hate that I can't be like everyone else when the public is watching. So what's the solution? Block out the public and talk to those few who have proven themselves trustworthy over the past year to year and a half.

So if you want to see what I'm talking about just google "ohio teachers myspace" and you're sure to come across articles about this issue. Call me paranoid. This blog is not worth losing my job over. I honestly don't believe I'm doing anything at all that's wrong or inappropriate for an adult female who is my age however, I don't know how the state would view it. By taking this blog private I feel as though I am in a more intimate setting with just a few close friends and God help us all when big brother shuts THAT down. In the meantime this assures me that no students will ever find this site and that's all I think the state is really after anyhow.

If others ask you about my going private, please do not discuss the reason with them. Tell them I welcome their emails and questions. Encourage them to ask me for myself.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll keep me on your blogroll!!!

13 comments:

  1. Eva,

    Thanks for the invite. I am so glad I will get to be around. Looks like you are doing very well lately. Sorry about the teacher thingy. What you write makes sense to me--spanking with your husband has nothing to do with the kids you teach. Oh well, I am glad you are safe here!

    Love,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely foolish the world can be! Of all the hideous horrible things to be found on the internet to feel you have to hide a blog that is primarily a love story about you and your sweet husband is truly awful!

    I do thank you for the invitation. And I will be here whenever I can!

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Eva,
    I so understand.That's one of the reasons we never started a blog. I actually had a neighbor "discover" us on line although i didn't really know them they only lived 5 minutes away. Fortunately they are in the lifestyle only more hardcore. Running a daycare center out of my home i was always somewhat concerned but not overly.
    Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand! I'm lucky, I'm not in a career like that. I agree you need to go private. :-) I don't know how they'd figure out who you were because you are good at keeping your identity and whereabouts private here, but why risk it! You know we will all be here for you!
    I always will be!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheez, I tried my key and it wouldn't work.....

    I got worried! I thought you changed the locks on me.

    But then I thought, Oh, no she didn't just lock me out of her blog....

    So I tried again....

    As you can see, the key works fine now.

    WHEW!

    Sorry you got scared, but glad you invited me in. Seeing as how I know alot about you, I'm feeling very powerful right about now....HA!

    Just joking....

    As you can tell, I'm in a weird mood right now.

    I MIGHT, get a spankin'

    Nobody is home right now.

    Bossman will be home soon.

    The kids, they are staying at friends houses.

    MMMMMMMMmmmmmm, spanking!

    Can't. get. my. hopes. up.

    Ok, gotta run, I hear the garage door opening.

    Think I have time to tape the sprayer?

    bye now!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better safe than sorry, I figure. Thanks for the invite. I would have been really disappointed not to be able to hear of your continued weight loss and the fun times too!
    Best wishes, big hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, thank you so much for the invite, I would hate being locked out.
    Your decision doesn't surprise me, knowing the media and how paranoid the authorities can be.
    It's a shame that the world is so mad, unfortunately we have to live in it.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eva,

    First, thanks for inviting me in. I would have missed you!

    I understand perfectly your need to do this. We live in some crazy times.

    Computers are wonderful things. We can surf the world, make new friends, learn things, and on and on. It aggravates me to no end that there are a few out there in the world that will do everything they can to destroy people's lives. Where is our protection from them?

    Your secret is safe with me! :) You are looking mighty fantastic with the weight loss, Eva.

    Thanks again, for the invite.

    Hugs, hugs, hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have discussed this and you know how I feel. Of course if you had tried to lock me out you would have found me sitting on your porch - hairbrush in hand. If this helps you feel freer to post more often and more details then I am all for it!!

    Love you twin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eva,

    Wow. What a world we live in.

    There is huge difference between pedophilic predators and loving adult couples. If the government seeks to silence the latter in hopes of stopping the former, it won't achieve that end. What it will do, however, is limit the access of consenting adults to legitimate information.

    Ignorance has always been the foe of education. I completely understand your choice, but I lament the necessity of it.

    (sigh)

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone!! I'm thrilled that you all have stopped by and hope you continue to do so!!!

    I love you all!!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so thrilled you invited me! And I've been thinking about taking the same step myself. I don't think I'd lose my job if it got got out that I'm AngelBrat, but both my parents have bad hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well... this sucks! Your blog was a great resource for 'regular' people wondering if their interest in spanking was normal. It's a loss that they can no longer find you.

    We totally 100% understand your decision though. And for us, it really is a benefit... because you can be more open.

    Question... should we pull our link to your site (on our blog) down?

    Todd & Suzy

    ps
    thanks so much for the invite!

    ReplyDelete