Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just to Clarify . .

No, the baby isn't here yet. My daughter isn't due till mid to late January. She had an ultrasound on Thursday. They were excited knowing they were finally going to learn the sex of the baby.

The little booger was twisted in a way that the thingity was well hidden. That was a bummer but what was worse was being told the baby has enlarged kidneys.

The next day they went to a larger medical establishment for a more serious ultra-sound. THAT was when they learned that my grandson is really my grandDAUGHTER. After three offspring of the female gender, I must admit a boy was my first choice. Now that we know it's a girl, I've realized that's EXACTLY what I wanted afterall. IOW, it just doesn't matter.

The kidney issue is a mild concern. It could signify many things such as non-functioning kidneys or Down's Syndrome. It - most likely - however means nothing.

I'm sure she's fine. We're not too worried. Next month when there's another ultrasound they will hopefully tell us everything is just fine.

Offspring #3 has found a job and is moving out in two weeks. Yes, I know. It's what I've been waiting for HOWEVER it's rather far away and doesn't pay much. She'll have a roommate though so hopefully everything will work out just fine.

The pup has a bad spot on his leg. He keeps chewing it and has the fur gnawed off. We got some hydro cortisone doggy stuff but he's still chewing on it. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

So maybe just maybe when we get back to an empty nest we'll get back to normal here. You know. Normal. Honestly though at this moment in time I'm still not interested. Having an adult child living here has sure killed the libido. I am hoping that having the house back to ourselves will help us get back to normal. I miss NORMAL.

Anyhow...I realized I wasn't real clear on the girl thing and wanted to make sure you all know that nope, it's not January yet.

9 comments:

  1. horray! A little girl!! That was my first! :-) How exciting!!! Just take days as they come and God has a plan for them! Hopefully that plan is a perfect little baby girl in every way! We'll be praying for your daughter and granddaughters health!

    Love,

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  2. horray! A little girl!! That was my first! :-) How exciting!!! Just take days as they come and God has a plan for them! Hopefully that plan is a perfect little baby girl in every way! We'll be praying for your daughter and granddaughters health!

    Love,

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, a little girl is wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your family.

    Glad to hear the offspring got a job. Sorry it's so far away, but she'll be fine.

    Normal? If you find normal could you let me know? I'm a little unclear what normal is like.

    Love you!
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey future grandma....Baby's are sooo cool. Your condition is probably mange/mites..pretty common. We had a springer spaniel that had it and did the same thing. They make cream for it but sometimes a vet. trip is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our vet reccomended something called Hot Spot that worked really well for our Rott. Around here you can buy it at petsmart but I am sure most pet stores carry it.


    Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva, I thought that it was a bit soon.
    Everyone worries about babies, I'm sure your granddaughter will be fine.
    I've had dogs all my life, I always keep a jar of hot spot ointment in the cupboard it generally works. It wouldn't hurt to have it's anal glands checked, over full glands often result in random chewing.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little girl sounds wonderful. Mthc watches a 5 month old and she is so sweet.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! An adorable girl for you to cuddle. We have something in common more than a spanking life apparently--we will have our first grandchild in March. We get to find out next month. (I'm hoping for a girl too). We can share stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and I forgot to say thank you so much for adding me to your blogroll. I have done the same for you.

    cheers!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete